StarQuest International is a dance competition UNLIKE ALL OTHERS. We tour just 60+ cities each year and deliver a truly unique experience to young performers. Collectively, we are a team of creative leaders with different skills and personalities who work non-stop together to deliver the best experience possible to anyone we encounter. We are looking for motivated, leaders to join our touring Road Warrior team.
What POSITIONS are we looking for?
• Emcee/Award Host: The emcee/awards host must be extremely natural on stage and have the ability to command the audiences’ attention for long periods of time. This position is for charismatic personalities who crave the opportunity to work as a team, inspire young artists, interact with people, and learn new tech skills. You must be a vibrant host on stage who can take and adhere to a script, but also be able to improvise with the dancers during spontaneous interviews. You must also not be afraid to get your hands dirty as only 15% of your time is spent on stage. The rest of the time you will load in/load out, give breaks to the audio/video crew, help the stage manager, and interact with the dancers. Impeccable diction is a must!
What QUALITIES do our Road Warriors possess?
- Innate leaders with prior experience in their field
- Impeccable logic and problem solving skills
- Strong communicators
- Masters of time management & multitasking
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to load in/load out & carry heavy equipment
- Must move quickly through time and space
- Ability to work well on little to no sleep (Because you thrive on it!)
- Sense of humor
What’s In It For You?
This is a truly unique experience that will allow you to grow personally & professionally while working with people who love what they do and strive to find the best way to overcome obstacles and accomplish a common goal. It is a challenging, yet rewarding job. With this type of work and schedule you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate your skills and grow to your fullest potential. You will also be traveling to your home base each week for a few days after the event (generally on Monday).
We are interviewing ASAP for an immediate replacement.
Training would be ASAP in North Carolina @ our main office.
*Travel, pay, & lodging provided for training in North Carolina
- Feb 10 – May 30, 2017 (Excluding April 14-16)
- You will travel back to your home base each week after the event (generallyon Monday)
- Most weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday early morning
-This position has no union jurisdiction.
-Competitive pay with yearly increases.
-Travel, food/per diem & double occupancy lodging provided on the road.Want to embark on this journey with us? Please go to the website below and enter the password Warrior1 (This password is case sensitive). Here you will find detailed job descriptions and pay rates. http://www.starquestdance.com/join-us/road- crew-positions/