To create meaningful & important work you will have to bring team members on your legacy ride with you to help in one way or another; these may be your classmates, students, volunteers, partners, parents, employees, etc.
To then be able to have an impact and make powerful change & evolution with your legacy team, you MUST cast your vision to them OBSESSIVELY.
Assuming that everyone on your team knows his or her role in your vision is a dangerous game to play.
A quick way to find out if everyone on your team knows your vision, is to ask them to answer the following questions:
• Who does the team serve?
• Why is the team serving those people?
• How does the team serve those people?
• When do you know you’ve succeeded at serving those people?
As a leader, you are obligated to your peeps to be crystal clear about what you want the world to look like tomorrow, and a week from now, and a month from now, and 365 days from now. You are obligated to reinforce this over and over and over again. If you don’t, everyone coming along for the ride will just be working another job.
Surveying The Team For The Legacy Of You,
**POST BLOG WORKSHOP**
I would love to grow together; please share your answers in the comments section below!
- Ask your team to write down their answers to the above questions.
- Review everyone’s answers to see if they’re on the same page.
- Realign mindsets where necessary.